Friday 26 April 2013

This week..

..I've not had the time to do all the things I wanted. I've got a list of projects I want to do, I just need a few weeks off to do them all! I also just got a little promotion, so will be working a bit more. I think I'll be sticking to smaller projects for a while rather than larger ones, although the Great British Sewing Bee on BBC2 has made me want to have another try at making clothes!

 

I did buy a few cute flower stamps and some letters, which has resulted in many things around the house getting stamped... Just because. My boyfriend also seemed to enjoy stamping everything. I'm not sure how he is going to explain the butterflies stamped all over his revision notes though, if his friends should ask.

   

I attempted to make a card for the first time ever. After seeing so many beautiful efforts for PostCircle, I thought I'd have a go at creating something myself to send to those in my group. It isn't a brilliant effort, so I hope the person who receives this in the post isn't too disappointed! I'm really enjoying PostCircle so far, it is lovely to get to know people with shared interests, and beautiful post arriving always makes me happy. Although I haven't yet written to everyone in my group, so I really need to crack on with it! 

I've also made a couple of bookmarks, as I get frustrated that I'm always losing my page in books because there is never anything to hand to mark the page.


 
                 

I made these cute little bow tie markers with some large paperclips, and some scraps of fabric. One large piece for the bow part, sewn down one side, turned inside out, ironed, and then the ends sewn up. Same again for the small part, which I then wrapped around large piece to make a bow, and around the clip to secure it. Really simple! The one on the left is the better of the two, as it is more of a sturdy fabric. Also, it reminds me of Dr Who's bow tie ;)




5 comments:

  1. I love the bunting card...and the bookmarks! both very cute.thanks for your most recent post, I love the owl, she's hanging up on our front door to welcome everyone who pops over...mezz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy it arrived! I wasn't sure if it would, being a bit bulkier, as I've never sent anything to Australia before. Glad you like it! x

      Delete
  2. Where did you find the paperclips for this bookmarks, I've been wanting to make some for a while and these look perfect. Your bookmarks are really good!

    Hannah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The giant paperclips were from wilkinsons, it was the only place I could find any! Let me know how it goes if you make some :) x

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I'll have to have a look next time I go =)
      xx

      Delete