Monday 18 November 2013

Christmas Wreath DIYs

I really want to make a Christmas wreath for our front door this year, as there wasn't much festive decoration in our flat last year.. We had a tree with nothing on it! I'd like to do something a bit different though, so have been looking put for ideas. These are some of my favourites..


la99671_1202_card_wreath.jpgmla103942_1208_wreathdoily.jpg

1. Christmas card wreath - tutorial
2. Paper doily wreath - tutorial

(These Paperchase pegs would be perfect for the first one..)


3. Ribbon bow wreath - tutorial


4. Scrap paper and button wreath - found here

http://www.chasethestar.net, mod podge, christmas wreath, christmas, wreath, chevron, thrift store

5. Photo frame wreath - tutorial

I'll definitely do a variation on the first one, as it is a nice way to display Christmas cards too (although I'll have to wait until I receive any first!) I think a button wreath would be a great idea too, in red and gold colours, and as I haven't managed to find any like that from a quick look I'll hopefully give it a try and perhaps have a tutorial on it!

...any other great DIY Christmas wreath ideas?


2 comments:

  1. I love these! I made one a couple of years ago just by tying heaps of vintage fabric in reds, whites and greens around an embroidery hoop. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..Embroidery hoop, of course! Hmm, I should have thought of that instead of wonky twisted wire.. :-P Giving it a go though! x

      Delete